Gillian Chinhengo, is extremely professional and very approachable. Her advice is realistic and often innovative when trying to assist ourselves in addressing complex HR issues. She is quick to respond to queries and takes time to understand the issue and the outcome that the company is trying to achieve.
Gillian has experience in dealing with a broad range of employment matters, including the following:
- Advising on the large scale redundancy of over 500 employees of a major national employer at the height of the coronavirus pandemic
- Advising on a large scale exercise to change terms and conditions for a national client in the rail industry, affecting hundreds of employees
- Successfully negotiating the exit of director level employees from nationally recognised employers
- Advising a large chemical production company on a significant staff re-organisation and redundancy process
- Advising on a number of complex TUPE transfers for a variety of clients
- Advising a large contracting company on Trade Union recognition
- Advising a charity on the dismissal of its Chief Operating Officer
- Advising a large manufacturing client on Trade Union de-recognition
- Advising a well-known national employer following a large acquisition which resulted in employee growth of over double the existing workforce
- Advising multiple employers on apprenticeship matters
- Successfully defending a number of unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing claims on behalf of a range of SME employers
Gillian regularly provides pre-dismissal advice in often complex situations and has good working relationships with a large number of different clients, she enjoys getting to know a business, how it operates and what it is seeking to achieve in order to support in reaching their desired outcomes.