Gillian Chinhengo is like an extension of our team, she understands our business and can offer support that fits perfectly. She also has a fabulous way of really getting to the heart of the matter and offering solution-based advice that helps navigate our way through often thorny and challenging issues.
Gillian has experience in dealing with a broad range of employment matters, including the following:
- Advising on the large scale redundancy of over 500 employees of a major national employer at the height of the coronavirus pandemic
- Advising on a large scale exercise to change terms and conditions for a national client in the rail industry, affecting hundreds of employees
- Successfully negotiating the exit of director level employees from nationally recognised employers
- Advising a large chemical production company on a significant staff re-organisation and redundancy process
- Advising on a number of complex TUPE transfers for a variety of clients
- Advising a large contracting company on Trade Union recognition
- Advising a charity on the dismissal of its Chief Operating Officer
- Advising a large manufacturing client on Trade Union de-recognition
- Advising a well-known national employer following a large acquisition which resulted in employee growth of over double the existing workforce
- Advising multiple employers on apprenticeship matters
- Successfully defending a number of unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing claims on behalf of a range of SME employers
Gillian regularly provides pre-dismissal advice in often complex situations and has good working relationships with a large number of different clients, she enjoys getting to know a business, how it operates and what it is seeking to achieve in order to support in reaching their desired outcomes.