LAW firm Ward Hadaway has been praised for its role in advising on the sale of an online travel agent to a Stock Market-listed group.
For operators and authorities within the public transport sector, access to legal advisors with genuine industry experience and knowledge can be a vital factor in the pursuit of business objectives.
We offer expertise in the key areas of corporate and commercial transactional work, employment and pensions, competition and regulatory law (including the development and implementation of statutory bus quality partnership schemes) and industry specific risk and claims advice.
Members of our team of transport experts have extensive experience including:
representing transport authorities on:
- Technology procurement and shared service arrangements including open data requirements;
- Smartcard and other ticketing projects;
- Bus Quality Partnership Schemes; and
- Park and Ride operating concessions
- Advising on state aid;
- Competition law issues.
representing operators on:
- Regulatory law;
- Health and safety;
- Competition investigations;
- Sales and purchases;
- Route transfers;
- Employee relations; and
- Industrial relations.
Work highlights by members of the team include:
- Acting in the first cartel investigation under the Competition Act 1998;
- Developing Statutory Quality Partnership Schemes and Voluntary Partnering Agreements;
- Advising on precedent-setting High Court litigation including Chester City Council-v-Arriva and Arriva the Shires-v-Luton Airport;
- Successfully preventing numerous calls for industrial action including through the use of injunctions;
- Successfully obtaining an injunction to prevent unlawful picketing;
- Successfully defending Employment Tribunal claims, including advocacy, across England, Wales and Scotland;
- Successfully representing several operators, including advocacy, at the Employment Appeal Tribunal.
For more information on how we can help, please get in touch.