Ward Hadaway's award-winning Public Sector team has won a top accolade for its partnership working with the NHS.
Healthcare organisations need specialist help and support when it comes to dealing with issues concerning mental health and mental capacity.
The issues involved in these matters are usually complex and sensitive. Our team has extensive experience in providing NHS bodies with specialist legal advice in this area including:
- Applications to the Court of Protection
- Exceptional treatment and funding issues
- Living Wills and Powers of Attorney
- Mental health legislation relating to the Mental Health Act, Human Rights Act, Medical Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty safeguards
- Mental Health Review Tribunals
- Police investigations into serious offences
- Serious Incident investigations and reporting
- The capacity to consent to treatment and issues relating to patient discharge
- The handling of patient property, money and financial affairs
As well as advising Mental Health Trusts, our team also regularly provides legal advice to other NHS bodies and healthcare organisations on various aspects of mental health and mental capacity.
We like to work with our clients to consider their practice and procedures, develop policies to enhance best practice and deliver training to help clients to pro-actively manage the service they deliver, minimising organisational risk.
We recognise that such issues often impact on patient care and require urgent attention. As a result our clients have access via a 24 hour helpline to our Healthcare Urgent Response Team, who are available to provide swift, clear and timely advice in difficult situations. Our clients also receive regular legal updates and training in relation to this often complex area of law.
For further information on how we can help your organisation please get in touch.