Melanie Gavin from Ward Hadaway approached the Trust and put forward a proposal to review our legal spend with the various legal providers with a view to provide savings. She identified that savings could be made and also provided more flexible pricing options which we have continued to use and continue to be happy with how the service is delivered. We also received the added value that Melanie said would be provided. The pricing structure enables greater flexibility with regard to pricing and also offers greater transparency in as much that we know what we are paying at any particular time.
NHS organisations faced with such claims need the confidence, support and expertise of an experienced law firm with a track record of working in this specialist area.
We’re here to help. A Member of the NHS Resolution Clinical Negligence Panel since 1999, we draw on decades of experience supporting healthcare organisations throughout the UK, representing them in such matters. Risk management is at the forefront of our minds when dealing with any claims and inquests and we provide support every step of the way, from initial response through to hearings.
In addition to dealing with ongoing clinical negligence cases, we support our clients through dedicated, focused meetings to discuss clinical risk management, as well as delivering lectures and workshops on the best means of managing – and avoiding – such claims.
So when you need specialist legal experts in your corner, trust our legal experts, you’re in safe hands.
- Advising on and investigating complaints
- Managing cases from initial response to conclusion
- Mediation and other means of ADR
- Resolving cases promptly and with the use of counsel
- Selecting the best experts to advise
- Supporting clinicians as witnesses
- Using the best counsel where needed
- Advising on the production of responses to complaints
- Advising on issues arising as a result of claims, complaints or inquests or following a serious incident
- Advising on the preparation for inquests and identifying trends in issues arising from these
- Reviewing serious incident reports and advice on their disclosure.
- The provision of training and updates with regards to risk management issues
- Proactively seeking out learning from claims