We have a real sense of a fresh approach from Ward Hadaway in terms of client engagement which is providing the Trust with added value benefits in terms of both cost and quality of service.
Sometimes a legal expert is required to help fulfil your safeguarding responsibilities and that’s when choosing the right team with the right expertise to support you is vital.
With a breadth and depth of experience honed over many years working on complex safeguarding issues, our team has the know-how to advise you on handling such situations, and will give you the confidence to make the right decisions at the right time.
Provide advice and training on the issue of safeguarding children
Assist in cases where staff are professionally involved in the Public Law Outline, care proceedings and when attendance at court is required
- Dealing with requests for statements from staff, for the purpose of Child Protection Conferences and Court proceedings
- Information sharing and records disclosure in the context of Safeguarding Children and Police investigations
- Preparing Safeguarding guidelines and policies
- Preparing staff/clinicians involved in Care proceedings and liaising where appropriate with Children’s Services
- Section 47 Child Protection referrals and Section 17 Child in Need referrals
- Serious Case Reviews and learning lessons
- Suspected Fabricated Induced Illness cases with reference to Working Together guidance and referral to the Local Authority
Provide advice and training on issues surrounding the safeguarding of vulnerable adults
Offer pragmatic and practical advice to our clients and only make applications made to the Court of Protection as a last resort
- Advice in relation to DoLS post-Cheshire West.
- Advice in relation to the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Human Rights Act 1998.
- Advice on the treatment and care of vulnerable adults where they lack capacity to decide themselves.
- Applications to the Court of Protection.
- Attendance at multidisciplinary team meetings to discuss the care to be provided to a vulnerable adult and liaising with Councils, GPs and other relevant care providers.