Many commercial contracts contain "force majeure" clauses which provide that, if certain events occur which are outside the parties’ reasonable control, a party who is unable to meet its contractual obligations will be excused from doing.
Rob has represented a variety of clients across a number of business sectors in relation to a range of commercial disputes, including complex contractual disputes and in particular warranty claims, professional negligence actions against professional advisors, injunctive relief including in relation to harassment claims, as well as defamation and privacy proceedings.
Rob’s recent experience includes:
- Advising in relation to business interruption issues and policy coverage in relation to claims arising out of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Acting on behalf of a large utility broker in obtaining interim and final injunctive relief to restrain the misuse of confidential customer information by former employees
- Acting in defence of a multi-million pound commercial agency dispute concerning novel arguments around the interpretation and application of the 1993 Commercial Agents Regulations. The claim was settled at mediation
- Advising an NHS Trust in relation to High Court proceedings pursued by a former employee, raising a number of different allegations
- Settling a long-running shareholder dispute concerning a high-profile family business
- Advising a PLC client in relation to defamation proceedings and linked injunctive relief to restrain harassment by a litigant in person
- Acting on behalf of various private and public sector clients in relation to issues arising from alleged GDPR infringements and privacy/misuse of private information claims
- Advising a multi-national manufacturing company in relation to the termination of a distribution agreement and potential trademark infringement by the distributor