Since 4 November 2020 public sector exit payments have been capped at £95,000. On 12 February 2021 the government issued a Treasury Direction which removed the cap and new legislation implemented on 19 March 2021 formally revoked the cap.
Rachel works for a range of clients, including educational establishments, local authorities and tech companies and her experience includes the following:
- High Court, Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal and Court of Appeal
- TUPE, whistleblowing, dismissal and all types of discrimination cases
- Employment based professional negligence claims
- Acting for employees in work related stress claims
- Advising on legal remedies available in relation to a breach of a joint industrial relations agreement
Rachel regularly provides updates and training on employment law, including IR35, and is also a qualified mediator.