Katy advises a wide variety of public sector clients and private sector clients on all aspects of commercial property law, including landlord and tenant matters including granting new leases, lease renewals, assignments, licences for alterations, acquisition and disposal work, estate management, development and real estate finance work.
Katy has extensive experience of advising schools and local authorities in the academy conversion and re-brokerage process as well as advising schools changing status to foundation schools and free schools.
Other areas of expertise include advising public bodies on the regularisation of third party occupational arrangements and lease formalisation as part of retendered services and dealing with PFI arrangements.
Below are some examples of experience within the various public sector organisations:
- Acting on the freehold acquisition of a new hospital site in York for an NHS Trust.
- Advising an NHS Foundation Trust on overage provisions affecting a former hospital site.
- Acting on a complex land swap of land between an NHS Trust and a private company in relation to industrial park and hospital premises.
- Acting on an NHS Trust’s acquisition of a multi let town centre building.
- Acting for various parties involved in schools converting to foundations, trusts, academies and set up of free schools.
- Advising a charity on the acquisition of sites for establishing schools for children with autism.
- Acting for a major UK university in connection with the development of land at an NHS hospital for the construction of a medical school, which involved negotiating a development agreement, head lease and underlease.
- Part of the team acting for a large Multi Academy Trust which delivered 10 academy acquisitions in a 12 month period.
- Advising on a Free School multi-million pound development for a London Borough Council.
- Acting for a Local Authority on an Agreement for Lease conditional on planning, listed building consent, premises licence and works and the Lease of a prominent city centre listed building.
- Advising a Local Authority on its disposal of a former library site for retail development.