James has advised a wide range of companies and public bodies (such as NHS trusts) on a wide range of employment issues, including discrimination, collective consultation and organisational restructures, regulatory and professional matters, and information and data protection issues.
- Representing an NHS trust in respect of employment tribunal claims brought following a collective consultation and department-wide job evaluation process.
- Advising a large number of practices on the creation of a GP federation, and the TUPE consultation process.
- Advising on the contractual implications of the reorganisation of a regional pathology service.
- Advising on a number of mergers of NHS trusts, the transfer of services between trusts and wholly-owned subsidiaries and other bodies.
- Assisting a public sector client with a Parliamentary investigation into and scrutiny of one of its services.
- Drafting employment and locum contracts for a private sector app-based healthcare provider.
- Reviewing existing contracts of employment and creating a new range of HR policies for an NHS body.
He also provides regular updates (including Daniel Barnett summaries) as well as training on a range of employment topics, bespoke and in-house training and a mock tribunal.