Michelle is a Solicitor in the Commercial team.
She advises clients on a range of matters including:
- Academy transfers and conversions.
- All forms of contract.
- Terms and conditions for public sector organisations.
- Public procurement rules and procedures, advising from start to finish of the procurement process.
- Charity issues, such as governance and filing requirements.
- Governing documents, and making changes to such documents.
Michelle advises a variety of clients including Academy Trusts, Charities and public sector organisations such as local authorities, housing groups, NHS Trusts and Clinical Commissioning Groups.
Michelle advises schools and Academies on a range of matters, including:
- Drafting and negotiating the relevant transfer documents in relation to conversions and transfers.
- Advising single- academy trusts on conversion to Multi- Academy Trust status, including drafting the relevant documents required to put this into effect.
- Advising Multi- Academy Trusts on the addition of new schools.
- Advising individual schools converting to Academy status.
- Advising Trusts that wish to dissolve and transfer all of their schools.
Michelle has particular experience in managing conversion and the transfer of academies, and often completes a number of these each month, understanding the Department of Education deadlines and requirements.
Michelle is experienced in advising public sector organisations on a wide range of issues, including:
- Public procurement rules and procedures, advising from start to finish of the procurement process including drafting the OJEU notice and supporting documentation. Michelle understands how to ensure the procurement rules are adhered to, and advises on how to minimise the risk of procurement challenges.
- Reviewing public sector contracts, advising on amendments and terminations.
- Drafting Framework agreements.
- Drafting terms and conditions.
- Advising and drafting internal procurement procedures for organisations.