After a decisive win in last week’s general election, Prime Minister Boris Johnson will now push on with his plans to ‘get Brexit done’ but it’s the Government’s proposed ‘Green Brexit’ which Ward Hadaway’s planning team is advising developers to start preparing for.
In an industry where speed, adaptability, flexibility and aptitude are key, developers need their legal advice to match and their lawyers to behave and think like they do.
Set solutions and rigid protocols are not what are required when tackling a multi-million pound development scheme whether for office, industrial or a mixture of uses, or when investing, purchasing or moving into such a scheme.
And when a developer has to meet important deadlines, you need to be able to rely on legal support which will help to get things off the ground, done effectively, efficiently and on time.
Our extensive and experienced team of development lawyers is on hand to provide practical, focused solutions at all stages of the development process, from your initial idea and concept, through acquisition and site assembly, planning, funding and investment, to the engagement of a construction team and eventual onward sales and/or lettings.
What’s more, our involvement in a wide range of projects over many years means that we are well versed in looking after the interests of all involved in the development process, including developers, buyers, funders, investors, tenants, occupiers, public sector bodies and other interested parties.
Our team operates in all the various different sectors of development, including housebuilding, office, retail, manufacturing and industrial, mixed use, energy, health, leisure and hospitality.
Because we believe in providing a complete comprehensive service to our clients, we don’t operate behind internal dividing lines, as might be found in some more traditional law firms.
Instead, we field multi-disciplinary teams tailored to suit individual projects or individual client’s needs, which will comprise specialists in property and real estate, planning, construction, property litigation, corporate and tax as circumstances dictate.
Unusually for a law firm, we also have chartered town planners and plans technicians as in-house specialists to provide bespoke assistance with development schemes.
We regularly advise on significant strategic development and regeneration projects as well as on smaller scale developments and everything in between.
Our services include:
- Advice in relation to choosing the most appropriate vehicle for your development venture, such as LLP, REITs and LPs
- Advice in relation to collaboration and joint venture arrangements
- Advice on infrastructure agreements
- Estate set-up advice/choosing the right legal structure for your development
- Negotiation of building/ground leases
- Negotiation of conditional land purchase agreements, options, pre-emptions and planning promotion agreements
- Negotiation of development agreements and funding agreements
- Negotiation of overage/profit share arrangements
- Onward/forward sales and lettings
- Planning advice
- Site assembly and site acquisition, including by compulsory purchase and appropriation
For further information on how we can help with your next development, please get in touch.