Ward Hadaway has been shortlisted for being pioneers of innovation in the 2019 Manchester Legal Awards.
Those who work in the NHS are regularly presented with difficult ethical questions whose solutions are often far from straightforward.
In such instances, experienced legal advice from true experts in the field can be invaluable when deciding what action to take.
Our healthcare team regularly advises on ethical issues affecting the sector. We also lecture to clinicians on a regular basis on such issues and the advice and guidance generally is underpinned by our appreciation and understanding of medical ethical issues affecting those in this complex sector.
Head of Healthcare Jeffrey Keeble regularly gives lectures to clinicians on ethical questions and the law in this area while Healthcare Partner Nicola Richardson sits on the Ethics Committee for a provider of palliative care.
Our work in this area includes advising on reproductive medicine, medical confidentiality, consent to treatment, health resources, dilemmas in treatment, treatment of the aged and patients in persistent vegetative state and issues surrounding euthanasia.
Work we have undertaken includes:
- Advising on clinical trials issues
- Assistance with regard to dilemmas arising regarding genetic information
- Dilemmas in medical confidentiality
- ‘Do not resuscitate’ situations
- Issues around informed consent
- Organ donation
- Refusal of treatment by adults, children and those lacking capacity
- The interface between human rights and psychiatry
- The order between active and passive euthanasia
- Treatment of the aged including adult safeguarding issues
For more information on how we can help you, please get in touch.