Louise Cannell-Mirza is a diligent and capable solicitor who works tirelessly for her clients.
Whether the issue stems from a dispute within the family over how a child will be raised, their living and financial arrangements or from an external intervention such as from a local authority, our specialist team has significant expertise in dealing with complex, issues involving children. Our focus is always on the child’s welfare, and we place this at the centre of our work.
We act for parents, foster carers and special guardians but also for young people through their Cafcass guardians and directly for children who are old enough. We act in a range of situations, including care proceedings, adoption proceedings, access arrangements, child support and maintenance, family disputes and domestic and international relocation issues.
Wherever possible, our experienced team champions new approaches to resolving issues without the need for litigation. Occasionally, in disputes where parties have been unable to reach an out-of-court resolution, we provide support throughout the process, with a close eye on our number one priority; ensuring the wellbeing and welfare of the young people involved.
So if you’re seeking an experienced team, adept at handling the most sensitive of situations with care and understanding, we’re here for you.
- Determining who the child lives with and who they spend time with (formerly known as custody)
- Disputes over specific issues of a child’s upbringing such as choice of school and consent to medical treatment
- Relocating domestically or internationally with a child
- Child maintenance
- Other financial provision for children such as provision of accommodation and to meet other one-off costs
- International child relocation
- Child abduction
- Preventative measures to stop a child from being taken abroad
- International adoption
- Step parent adoption
- Care Proceedings and the involvement of Local Authorities