With recent challenges such as the COVID-19 pandemic, the economic downturn and the costs of living crisis, it's no surprise that the number of corporate insolvencies over the first half of 2023 are in excess of 12,000; the highest in the previous 10 years for this point of the year.
- Acted for Insolvency Practitioners acting as Administrators in arranging their appointment and completing the sale of a national retail business as a going concern
- Advising directors on their duties in the run up to an insolvency process
- Advising Insolvency Practitioners in their capacity as Liquidators and/or Administrators in pursuing antecedent transactions such as preferences, transactions at undervalue, transaction defrauding creditors, misfeasance and breach of duty
- Acted for a creditor in resisting and defeating an application for an Administration Order
- Acting for creditors in pursuit of claims against debtors to include winding up proceedings, applications for administration orders and dealing with Retention of Title claims
- Advising Landlords in respect of their position when dealing with an insolvent tenant to include recovering their property and proving their claim in the insolvent estate
- Advising Insolvency Practitioners in their capacity as trustees in bankruptcy in recovering property for the benefit of the creditors in the bankruptcy estate