I have worked with Gaynor Jackson for over 10 years and I trust her wholeheartedly. Gaynor is always quick to respond, and sensible in her advice, which is needed when feeding back to charities.
Gaynor has considerable experience gained by over 30 years advising on matters affecting individuals and charities in relation to Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Court of Protection Applications and the administration of Trusts and Estates.
She has extensive experience in dealing with taxable and non-taxable Estates, Settlements and Will Trusts including advising Personal Representatives, Trustees and Beneficiaries on a wide range of issues relating to their duties, powers and entitlements.
Her work includes obtaining Grants of Probate, applications to pass-over Executors, Inventory and Account applications, advising on the interpretation of Wills and Trust Deeds and Inheritance tax for individuals, Personal Representatives and Trustees.
Issues on which Gaynor has advised includes:
- Advising individuals with regard to Wills including the most appropriate structures to achieve their aims, including provision for vulnerable beneficiaries and complex family relationships;
- Advising on Lasting Powers of Attorney;
- Advising on Court of Protection applications including the appointment of Deputies, applications relating to Statutory Wills and authorities to make gifts;
- Advising and implementing estate planning through gifting (either directly or into Settlements) to preserve wealth and protect assets for the next generation;
- Advising Personal Representatives and Beneficiaries (including intestate estates) regarding duties and powers;
- Acting in the administration of simple and complex Estates;
- Acting for settlors and trustees including the administration of Settlements and Will Trusts;
- Advising on the construction of Wills and Settlements;
- Advising charities on legacy management and website content for legacy fundraising;
- Advising charities on achieving Trust Corporation Status for effective administration of estates;
- Advising charities in relation to Delegated Authority Policies for Legacy Administration;
- Advising individuals and charities as beneficiaries of Estates, Settlements and Will Trusts as regards their rights and entitlements;
Gaynor is based in North Yorkshire and regularly travels within the UK to visit clients and give in-house talks.