With anticipated timescales extending into 2025 for HM Land Registry to complete new applications, we discuss why it is important to consider this before completion of a transaction and what steps can be taken to mitigate the issues that may arise during the registration gap.
Alicia has experience in:
- Acting for Canal & River Trust, a registered charity on:
- numerous utilities agreements, including surface water discharge licences and treated trade effluent licences;
- matters involving telecommunications, including advice and the impact of the Electronic Communications Code on existing and new agreements.
- managing its property portfolio;
- Advising the Land Trust on its acquisition of public open space to be managed and maintained at developments across the United Kingdom, including a scheme for 4,250 homes.
- Acting for local authorities on:
- secured lending transactions for release of grant funding to facilitate large scale developments between £4 million and £33 million;
- strategic acquisitions, including the acquisition of land as part of a £1.5 million highways improvement programme;
- regularly advising Councils on grant funding for town centre regeneration schemes;
- lettings for various retail schemes which form an important part of the authority’s income stream;
- disposal of land to registered providers for the provisions of social housing, including clawback provisions and nominations agreements;
- reviewing the management arrangements in place between local authorities and private landlords for the provision of social housing; and
- granting telecommunications agreements to operators.
- Advising a large regional company on a £31 million refinance of its property portfolio; and
- Advising on acquisition and sub-sale arrangements.