Melanie is a partner in the Corporate department, specialising in advising both investors and management teams on private equity and venture capital investments. Melanie also regularly advises clients on acquisitions, disposals and the reorganisation of companies and businesses.
Melanie has over 18 years of experience in advising on corporate transactional matters.
She works closely with accountants and other financial intermediaries and takes a pro-active role in identifying opportunities for clients seeking growth through acquisition and investment.
Recent matters include:
- Acting for Growth Capital Partners, on its £13million acquisition of international healthcare communications firm Fishawack.
- Acting for The Buffalo Group, an advanced engineering specialist, in its acquisition of Open Date Equipment Limited.
- Acting for Communisis plc on a number of share and business acquisitions.
- Acting for Enterprise Ventures in respect of a joint investment from its Coalfields Growth Fund and the North West Fund for Mezzanine in ChargePoint Technology an innovative manufacturer.
- Acting for Enterprise Ventures on various investments from the North West Fund for Venture Capital.
- Acting for SPARK Impact on various investments from the North West Fund for Biomedical.
- Acting for 350 Investment Partners on various investments from the North West Fund for Energy and Environmental.