Video: Recruiting from overseas – an immigration law update
15th November, 2021
The skilled labour shortage in the UK is having a detrimental effect on countless businesses across many sectors.
As a result, increasing numbers of employers are looking to recruit staff from overseas in order to fill these gaps in their workforce. It is now nearly a year since the UK’s immigration system was overhauled to apply to both EU and non-EU workers.
In this webinar our immigration experts discussed:
- The impact of the new UK immigration system;
- Who needs a visa to work in the UK;
- How to apply for a sponsor licence to sponsor non-UK nationals for a visa;
- What you need to know about employing individuals who require a visa;
- Alternative visa types that do not require sponsorship.
Please note that this briefing is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.
This page may contain links that direct you to third party websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.