Skip to content

Personal Injury FAQs

At Ward Hadaway we have a team of specialist personal injury lawyers with many years of experience in all kinds of personal injury cases. We are here to help you and your family deal with the effects of an accident.

We are proud to provide a personal and friendly service to all of our valued clients.

We understand that the period following an accident can be a stressful and upsetting time and we will help to guide you through the issues that arise in these distressing circumstances.

When someone in the family suffers a personal injury it affects the whole family often because of the injury sustained but also due to the financial affects that follow.

We have complied some frequently asked questions to provide you with information to help you understand whether you have a claim and if so who can help.

FAQs around Personal Injury Claims

What is a personal injury claim?

This is a term used for an injury that you have suffered due to the negligence of another person or company. It means that you can claim compensation from those responsible.

How much do I have to pay to make a claim?

We can deal with most claims on a No Win No Fee Basis. This means that we only get paid if we win and you are awarded compensation.

What type of injuries can I claim for?

We deal with serious road traffic accidents, injuries that occur in a public/private place, spinal injuries, brain injuries, fatal injuries, accidents at work and injuries in airports and on planes.

How long does it take to make a claim?

Each case is different depending on the injury and the time it takes to recover from the injury. There is a 3 year limitation period for most claims and a claim must be brought within 3 years.

Often a serious claim will take longer than 3 years and court proceedings will be issued to protect the claim.

How much compensation will I receive?

This depends on the injury and the recovery period. Every case is different and every injured person is different so the compensation will vary from person to person.

Can I get rehabilitation?

We identify when early intervention is required and request that the negligent party and their insurers comply with the Rehabilitation Code to provide an early assessment, followed by the necessary treatment as soon as possible. We regularly work with Rehabilitation Experts to ensure early intervention.

Can I claim for expenses?

Yes all accident related expenses will be included in your claim. This includes medication, aids and appliances, care and assistance, loss of earnings and often in serious cases includes future losses such as loss of earnings care and assistance and pension loss.

Can a child make a claim for personal injury?

A child can make a claim for personal injury with the help of a Litigation Friend who is often a family member over the age of 18 years old.

Will I be able to speak to a lawyer to help me decide whether to make a personal injury claim?

Yes, we would be happy to answer your questions to help you to decide whether you wish to make a personal injury claim.

What happens if the injured person cannot speak to a lawyer?

We are quite used to situations where the injured party is unable to speak because they are in ITU or have suffered a brain injury. In a case like this we would speak to the person wishing to represent the injured party and give the relevant advice and information to enable them to begin the claim on the injured persons behalf.

What is the personal injury claim process?

To find out what the process is for filing a personal injury claim, read our detailed article here.

If you have further questions or would like to discuss a possible claim, please contact one of our specialist personal injury lawyers.

Contact a specialist

Kerri Kershaw

Director | Personal Injury

+44 (0) 330 137 3289

+44 (0)771 507 7768

Email Kerri Kershaw

Read bio

Carole Ward

Associate | Personal Injury

+44 (0) 330 137 3290

+44 (0)791 257 9474

Email Carole Ward

Read bio

View all contacts

What we're thinking