Julie worked in-house for a national motor dealer before moving to Northern Rock plc where she spent six years as an in-house litigator at Northern Rock (Asset Management) plc (formerly Northern Rock plc).
Julie has dealt with a wide range of matters including:
- Professional negligence claims against solicitors and valuers
- Restitution and subrogation claims
- Warranty claims
- Consumer finance claims including PPI and CCA matters
- Freezing Injunctions
- Assessing, managing and reporting legal risk
- Contested probate claims including claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Disputed Wills
Alongside the provision of legal advice, Julie has significant experience of more general legal project work and setting up processes and teams to deal with specific issues.
Since moving back into private practice several years ago, Julie has dealt with a very varied case load ranging from lender claims to partnership disputes to fraud.