Solicitor Barnaby Rosenthall is the latest appointment to join Ward Hadaway’s growing Built Environment Team.
- Representing an Insolvency Practitioner acting on behalf of an insolvent contractor in respect of the declaration proceedings to a Trial in 2019 and assisting to pursue the subsequent damages claim following a repudiatory breach of contract during the redevelopment of a Mayfair mansion (Fairhurst Ward Abbotts Ltd (in administration) v 25 Culross Street Investments Ltd SARL  EWHC 1697 TCC).
- Acting for a national supermarket chain in London TCC proceedings in pursuance of their damages claim against four defendants concerning the defective design and construction of large scale industrial premises.
- Assisting to represent the interests of an international renewable energy firm with their damages claim against a contractor arising from the defective design and construction of a biomass plant.
- A Scottish employer in adjudication proceedings brought against an architect for failure to exercise reasonable skill and care during a substantial residential refurbishment project in Edinburgh.
- Representing a Scottish employer in adjudication proceedings brought against an architect for failure to exercise reasonable skill and care during a substantial residential refurbishment project in Edinburgh.
- Assisting a Police Force in pursuing a damages claim against a national contractor concerning the defective construction at a training facility.
- Advising a Police Force on issues arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, including force majeure clauses, extensions of time and termination of contractors.
- Advising a Local Improvement Finance Trust as to the merits of pursuing claims for breach of contract and in negligence arising out of defective fire stopping installed across their portfolio of properties.
- Negotiating and drafting a deed of variation to a large framework agreement for a national supermarket chain with one of their contractors.