Video: Right to work update – Digital checks and other updates
10th March, 2022
Every employer in the UK has a legal obligation to prevent illegal working by checking that their employees have the right to work in the UK.
Gillian Burns and Natalie Payne, our expert immigration solicitors, cover the changes to the right to work checks that are being introduced from 6 April.
They answer questions such as:
- What does the new right to work check process look like?
- How do we use the online verification process to check right to work?
- What is “identification document validation technology” and how do we use it?
- When should we carry out the right to work check?
- What evidence do we need to retain?
- Will we have to pay to carry out right to work checks going forwards?
- Do we need to carry out retrospective checks on EU nationals or any other employees?
Please note that this briefing is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.
This page may contain links that direct you to third party websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.