From its nineteenth century roots in combatting pollution to addressing the challenge of climate change, environmental law covers all areas where we interact with the natural world: air, water, soil, land, flora and fauna, energy, noise, waste, pollutants and emissions.
It is a very complex and technical area. Detailed assessment and advice is needed in order that the environmental consequences of actions are understood and risks addressed.
Whatever the context, we have the experience and expertise necessary to advise you on the full range of environmental matters.
We take a pro-active approach to compliance with regulatory requirements in order to address the potential reputational damage that may arise from breaches of environmental law.
And in the event that an environmental incident does occurs, we have particular expertise in dealing with environmental litigation and defending clients both against prosecution and claims.
If you’re looking for experts in the field with the legal know-how to support your organisation, we’re here to help.
- Carbon reduction advice
- Carbon trading
- Emissions obligations
- Energy efficiency
- Environmental due diligence and liability risks
- Environmental liability insurance
- Environmental Permitting due diligence
- Risk apportionment and liability on both land sales and other transactions
- Transfer of statutory environment liability under the contaminated land regime
- Air quality
- Applications, variations and transfers of permits
- Asbestos management advice
- Climate change issues
- Interrelated regimes e.g. planning
- Operator liabilities
- Permit conditions
- Producer responsibility
- Statutory nuisance
- Sustainability issues
- Waste licensing and transfer
- Wildlife and habitat issues
- Breach of permit conditions
- Liability and defences
- Practical support
- Water pollution prosecution