Tom has a great ability to be a specialist in corporate Law whilst keeping a firm grip on commercial reality of the business and manages to tailor his advice accordingly.
As a Legal 500 next generation lawyer and an up and coming lawyer in Chambers & Partners, Tom is recognised as one of the leading corporate partners of the future and has built an extensive M&A practice.
Tom has particular expertise in advising on buy and build strategies and advises a number of the firm’s leading acquisitive clients including, in particular, The Bannatyne Group, Lookers plc and Northumberland Estates.
Recent transactions on which Tom has advised include:
Acting for Lookers plc in relation to the acquisition of the Jennings Motor Group
- Acting for The Bannatyne Group plc on the acquisition of five health clubs in 12 months
- Acting for the shareholder of a UK based provider of operational risk management software on the sale of the business to Prometheus Group
- Acting on a £200m unsecured bilateral private note issue
- Acting on numerous acquisitions and investments for Northumberland Estates
- Acting for management on the leveraged MBO of eQS Group and simultaneous bolt on acquisition
- Acting for the vendors on the disposal of Cleveland Cascades Limited to Lifco
- The disposal of a UK based e-learning provider to a UK listed company
- A multi-stage, multi-jurisdictional acquisition and disposal for a Dutch company