Tom was instrumental in leading me personally and the SMT at eQS through the corporate legal jungle of not only completing our MBO but also simultaneously completing our first acquisition. Tom is not only an outstanding corporate lawyer but is also extremely pragmatic when it comes to commercial business decisions. Every interaction was made extremely straightforward and logical. It was a real pleasure to work with Tom and his whole team at Ward Hadaway. Without Tom's personal commitment I am sure we would have struggled to complete this complicated transaction in the timescales we did, literally just before Christmas. I would highly recommend Tom and his full team to anyone looking to do something similar. His experience, understanding, pragmatism and communication skills are second to none. Tom's approach has been logical and practical throughout, with the ultimate aim of making sure the right transaction was completed for all. Many thanks Tom, I look forward to a continuing relationship on many future projects to come.
As a Legal 500 next generation lawyer and an up and coming lawyer in Chambers & Partners, Tom is recognised as one of the leading corporate partners of the future and has built an extensive M&A practice.
Tom has particular expertise in advising on buy and build strategies and advises a number of the firm’s leading acquisitive clients including, in particular, The Bannatyne Group, Lookers plc and Northumberland Estates.
Recent transactions on which Tom has advised include:
Acting for Lookers plc in relation to the acquisition of the Jennings Motor Group
- Acting for The Bannatyne Group plc on the acquisition of five health clubs in 12 months
- Acting for the shareholder of a UK based provider of operational risk management software on the sale of the business to Prometheus Group
- Acting on a £200m unsecured bilateral private note issue
- Acting on numerous acquisitions and investments for Northumberland Estates
- Acting for management on the leveraged MBO of eQS Group and simultaneous bolt on acquisition
- Acting for the vendors on the disposal of Cleveland Cascades Limited to Lifco
- The disposal of a UK based e-learning provider to a UK listed company
- A multi-stage, multi-jurisdictional acquisition and disposal for a Dutch company