Are you as comfortable as you could be with bringing your staff to the UK, whether that's to work or for a business trip and global mobility in general?
- Successfully defending multiple claims for unfair dismissal issued by a trade union on behalf of claimants following de-recognition of the same trade union by the employer client, in addition to securing an order for wasted costs against the union’s solicitors in respect of the same matter.
- Advising on a director dispute requiring advice on a petition for unfair prejudice in addition to an employment tribunal claim in order to obtain “good leaver” status under a shareholder agreement.
- Representing an employer client in High Court proceedings for a springboard injunction with claims for damages and an account of profit for breaches of fiduciary duties of several senior employees in setting up a competing business.
- Securing pre-action delivery-up of property and confidential information removed from an employer by an employee seeking to set up a competing business.
- Advising on a restructure of a multi-employer final salary pension scheme which involved transferring active members to a an associated employer with various side agreements for the provision of staff to the employer client and on the apportionment of liability for the scheme’s debt.
- Advising on a large scale redundancy project resulting in over 300 redundancies whilst negotiating terms with an employment agency for the supply of staff to work on future contracts.