Andrew is a Private Client lawyer with many years' experience advising clients in connection with Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts, Trust and Estate Administration, Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection matters.
He is also a fully qualified member of STEP – Society for Trust and Estate Practitioners – the global professional association for practitioners who specialise in family inheritance and succession planning.
Andrew deals with all aspects of Estate Planning, including Trusts and complex Wills for a wide variety of high net worth clients as well as those with a particular focus on Asset Protection for financial reasons and the protection of their family members.
He has substantial experience working with entrepreneurs and commercial clients in connection with business succession planning and tax planning. He also advises a number of sports and media clients working closely with their other advisers.
He acts for Executors in relation to high value Probate matters and is a Trustee for many long-established family trusts.
Andrew also advises on and prepares all types of Powers of Attorney depending on the needs and circumstances of the client.
His other areas of expertise include:
- the creation of insurance policy trusts used in conjunction with shareholder/partnership agreements and death in service benefits
- the creation of trusts for clients embarking on the sale of their business interests
- the creation of trusts for the protection of vulnerable family members
- advising Trustees on how to wind up or restructure trusts in a more efficient manner
- advising Trustees on the disposal of shares in family businesses
- working with clients’ accountants and other professional advisers
- advising banks and other financial institutions about lending to Pension Trustees
- advising and preparing Deeds of Variation
- advising clients and submitting applications to the Court of Protection to register Powers of Attorney, the appointment of a Deputy, Statutory Wills and administration matters.