Alexia qualified as a solicitor in 2000 and is a member of Ward Hadaway's healthcare team.
Alexia provides advice a wide range of healthcare law issues including:
- Queries about the Mental Capacity Act 2005 including:
- DOLS processes post Cheshire West;
- Applications to the Court of Protection;
- Treatment decisions for a patient who lacks capacity
- Queries about the Mental Health Act 1983
- Advice on the legal aspects of drafting of serious incident reports
- Advice on the drafting of responses to complaints
- Advice on Being Open and the Duty of Candour
- Advice on continuing care including dealing with complaints by patients not happy with the decision made and the application of the National Framework
- Advice on the content of and drafting of NHS policies
- Consent queries for adults, children and young people
- Queries about access to medical records for both living and deceased patients
- Patient confidentiality issues
Alexia regularly provides training and seminars to clients on all aspects of healthcare law.