Skip to content

What if there is no Will? Can I challenge what I would receive ?

Yes.  It is possible to bring a financial provision claim under the 1975 Act to ask the court to decide that the amount which you would receive under the Intestacy Rules (which apply if the deceased person has no valid Will) do not make reasonable or financial provision for you.  Please see below FAQs on financial provision for more information.