Skip to content

My long-term partner has not left me anything in their Will. What can I do?

It is possible that you may have a claim under the 1975 Act for reasonable financial provision, depending upon the exact circumstances of your relationship with your partner.  The court has a wide discretion regarding what it thinks is reasonable financial provision if it decides that the deceased’s Will did not provide for you sufficiently.

In these circumstances, it is quite important to take specialist advice as soon as possible, particularly in light of the time limits which apply.