You must demonstrate all of the following:
- That you have been professionally engaged in producing work of outstanding quality that has been published (other than exclusively in newspapers or magazines), performed, presented, distributed or exhibited internationally;
- Recent (within the last five years) and regular activity of being engaged professionally as a practitioner in your field; and
- A substantial track record in more than one country (if applying under Exceptional Talent criteria) or a developing track record in one or more countries (if applying under Exceptional Promise criteria).
You must also provide three letters of recommendation of which:
- two must be from well-established organisations acknowledged as experts in your field, and at least one of the organisations must be based in the UK; and
- the third must be from another well-established organisation, or an individual, with recognised expertise in your field.
In addition you must also meet at least two of the following three criteria:
|Exceptional Talent||Exceptional Promise|
|1. Provide at least two examples of significant media recognition for your work in the field of arts and culture, in at least two countries, one of which can include your country of residence.||1. Provide at least two examples of recent media recognition for your work in the field of arts and culture, in one or more countries.|
|2. Provide proof of having won or made a significant contribution to winning at least one international award for excellence.||2. Provide proof of having won, or been nominated/shortlisted for, or made a significant and direct contribution to winning or having been nominated for at least one international or national award for excellence.|
|3. Provide proof from at least two countries (one of which can include your country of residence), of appearances, performances, publications or exhibitions.||3. Provide proof from at least one country, of appearances, performances, publications or exhibitions.|