Natalie is a Solicitor and has worked in the Employment team since 2017 and qualified as a Solicitor in September 2018.
What she does:
Natalie advises on all aspects of employment law, from dealing with queries on employment contracts to carrying out advocacy at the Employment Tribunal, and provides practical, commercial solutions to clients.
Natalie also provides specialist advice on immigration law to businesses and organisations about sponsoring migrants and obtaining and maintaining sponsor licences.
She has a wealth of experience of assisting individuals to obtain visas, this includes particular expertise on advising clients on Tier 1 (Global Talent) visas and helping individuals obtain family visas to come and live in the UK.
In her role, Natalie undertakes a wide range of immigration matters. These include:
- Helping businesses obtain sponsors licences to employ migrants
- Helping individuals obtain work visas such as the Tier 1 Global Talent visa and the Tier 2 General visa
- Assisting individuals to obtain family visas (such as spousal visas) in order to live in the UK
- Dealing with nationality issues, settlement and citizenship
- Advising on rights of free movement and the EU Settlement Scheme in light of Brexit
- Advising companies on how to prevent illegal working including carrying out proper right to work checks
- Auditing and helping businesses to ensure that they fully comply with their sponsor duties
Natalie also advises on other contentious and non-contentious matters including:
- Advising on grievance and disciplinary matters
- Undertaking and assisting with Employment Tribunal claims, including claims involving unfair dismissal, race, sex and disability discrimination, wrongful dismissal, unlawful deduction of wages, whistleblowing and disputes on overtime and holiday pay
- Carrying out advocacy at the Employment Tribunal on behalf of clients
- Drafting contracts of employment, consultancy agreements, staff handbooks, and bespoke policies
- Dealing with TUPE enquiries and assisting the corporate department on due diligence
- Preparing and participating in training sessions ranging from general employment law case updates, to right to work checks for HR professionals, managers and business owners
- Dealing with data protection issues such as subject access requests, drafting privacy notices and data protection policies and assisting clients with the implementation of the GDPR
- Assisting with redundancy situations, including advising on procedure in collective redundancies, assessing employers’ liability, and providing advice on specific areas such as seasonal redundancy
- Advising on settlement agreements and exit strategies
Natalie is a member of the ILPA (Immigration Law Practitioners Association)