Yes, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK once you have held the Global Talent visa for:
- 3 years if last endorsed under the exceptional talent criteria for any endorsing body;
- 3 years if last endorsed under the exceptional promise criteria for the endorsing bodies for science, engineering, humanities and medicine;
- 3 years if last endorsed under the UKRI endorsed funder fast track criteria;
- 5 years if last endorsed under the exceptional promise criteria for Arts Council England or Tech Nation.
The qualification period for ILR will be counted back immediately from either:
- the date of application for ILR;
- the date of decision; or
- any date up to 28 days after the date of application
There are other eligibility requirements for ILR which you should be mindful of – read more about settlement in the UK here. Please contact us to discuss these to ensure that you do not fall foul of these whilst holding your Global Talent visa.