Skip to content

Who can switch to a High Potential Individual visa?

If you are already in the UK on a visa, you can switch into this visa unless you are on:

  • a seasonal worker visa;
  • a domestic worker in a private household visa;
  • a visit visa;
  • a short-term student visa;
  • a Graduate visa;
  • a Parent of a Child Student visa;
  • immigration bail; or
  • have permission to stay outside of the Immigration Rules.

You are also not able to apply for this visa from the UK or abroad if you have already been granted a graduate visa or have come to the UK as a Doctorate Extension Scheme student.

Read more about this and other questions in our



Given the fast pace of change, we would stress that this information is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.

As a hub, we have included references to articles and explainers from third parties. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.