Skip to content

What if I cannot apply online?

Those unable to use the app will need to visit a UK Visas and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) centre to complete the application process. You will be told how to book this when you apply.

You will need the CAS number from your current Student or Tier 4 visa to apply. If you do not know your CAS number, please contact your university.

Read more about this and other questions in our

Students section.


Given the fast pace of change, we would stress that this information is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.

As a hub, we have included references to articles and explainers from third parties. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.