Skip to content

Do I need a visa to study in the UK?

All non-British nationals need a visa to study in the UK unless they have already been granted Settled or Pre-Settled Status under the EU Settlement Scheme or have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

Read more about this and other questions in our



Given the fast pace of change, we would stress that this information is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.

As a hub, we have included references to articles and explainers from third parties. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.