Skip to content

Can I switch from my current UK visa to the Student visa?

Yes, you can apply for a Student visa from within the UK if you are present in the UK and have a valid UK visa which is not one of the following visa types:

  • visit visa
  • short-term student visa
  • parent of a child student visa
  • seasonal worker visa
  • domestic worker in a private household visa
  • visa granted outside the Immigration Rules

Read more about this and other questions in our



Given the fast pace of change, we would stress that this information is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.

As a hub, we have included references to articles and explainers from third parties. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.