Skip to content

What can I do under a Scale-up visa?

With a Scale-up visa you can:

  • Work in your sponsored job for at least 6 months
  • Leave your sponsored job after 6 months and start working in another job without telling the Home Office
  • Study
  • Bring your partner and children with you as your dependants (if they are eligible)
  • Take on additional work, including being self-employed
  • Do voluntary work
  • Travel abroad

Read more about this and other questions in our

Scale-up Visas section.


Given the fast pace of change, we would stress that this information is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.

As a hub, we have included references to articles and explainers from third parties. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.