Skip to content

Does time spent in the UK on a Scale-up visa count towards settlement/ILR in the UK?

Yes. After 5 years in the UK you may be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain/settlement in the UK. If your application is successful you will have the right to live, work and study in the UK for as long as you like.

Read more about this and other questions in our

Scale-up Visas section.


Given the fast pace of change, we would stress that this information is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.

As a hub, we have included references to articles and explainers from third parties. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.