The partner visa requires an applicant to provide many different documents. Which documents you are required to provide will be largely dictated by your personal circumstances. However, in general terms, all applicants will need to provide the following:
- your current passport or other valid travel ID and that of your partner;
- evidence of your partner’s right to be in the UK;
- a copy of your biometric residence permit (if you have one); and
- evidence to show that you meet the:
- relationship requirement;
- financial requirement;
- accommodation requirement;
- English language requirement; and
- “genuine and subsisting relationship” requirement;
You may also need to provide additional documents depending on your individual circumstances, such as whether you will be applying alone or with your dependants. In some cases, you must also provide a negative tuberculosis test result depending on where you are applying from.
Submitting missing or incorrect supporting documents can result in your application being rejected. Our expert team have significant expertise in preparing successful applications, for further information contact us.