Skip to content

What are the key eligibility criteria for the Service Supplier visa?

To be eligible for a Service Supplier visa, you must:

  • be an employee of an overseas business, or a self-employed service provider based overseas
  • be providing a service to a UK business approved as a sponsor by the Home Office, under a contract that is covered by a valid international trade agreement
  • be doing an eligible job (if your job is not eligible you may still qualify if you have relevant qualifications and experience)
  • have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your UK sponsor with information about the work you’ll be doing in the UK and
  • have worked for your employer for at least 12 months outside the UK, or have at least 12 months’ professional experience if you’re a self-employed service provider

Read more about this and other questions in our



Given the fast pace of change, we would stress that this information is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.

As a hub, we have included references to articles and explainers from third parties. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.