Skip to content

Do I have to be sponsored by a UK company for a Senior or Specialist Worker visa?

Yes, you need a Certificate of Sponsorship from a UK company to be able to apply for this visa. The UK company should be a group company of your current employer overseas.

Read more about this and other questions in our



Given the fast pace of change, we would stress that this information is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.

As a hub, we have included references to articles and explainers from third parties. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.