Skip to content

Can I switch from a Senior or Specialist Worker visa to a Skilled Worker visa?

Yes, which also means that you will subsequently be able to apply for ILR after holding the Skilled Worker visa for 5 years.

To discuss your options for switching visa types, pleaseĀ contact us.

Read more about this and other questions in our



Given the fast pace of change, we would stress that this information is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.

As a hub, we have included references to articles and explainers from third parties. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.