Skip to content

Service Supplier

Service Supplier

The Global Business Mobility Service Supplier route is for overseas workers who are either a contractual service supplier employed by an overseas service provider or a self-employed independent professional based overseas, and who need to undertake an assignment in the UK to provide services covered by one of the UK’s international trade agreements.

The UK based organisation who will be the recipient of the suppliers services must be registered with the Home Office to sponsor service supplier workers and assign a Certificate of Sponsorship to the individual(s).

The individual(s) to be sponsored must be an employee of the overseas business or be a self-employed service provider living and working overseas.  They must  have been employed by that business for at least 12 months or be able to demonstrate at least 12 months’ professional experience if they are a self-employed service provider.


The overseas business must have a contract in place with the UK Based organisation and the contract must be covered by a valid international trade agreement.


Given the fast pace of change, we would stress that this information is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.

As a hub, we have included references to articles and explainers from third parties. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.