Skip to content

How long does the worker have to have been employed overseas before they can be transferred to the UK?

The worker need to have worked for your overseas entity for at least 12 months. This 12 month requirement can be avoided if the role that the worker will carry out in the UK pays a salary of £73,900 pa or more.

Read more about this and other questions in our



Given the fast pace of change, we would stress that this information is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.

As a hub, we have included references to articles and explainers from third parties. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.