Skip to content

Do we need a different sponsor licence for Senior or Specialist Worker visas?

Employers need to hold a Senior or Specialist Worker  sponsor licence to be able to sponsor workers for this visa type. This is so that the Home Office has evidence of the connection between your UK entity and overseas entity from which the worker will be transferred.

If you currently hold a Skilled Worker licence only, you can apply to add Senior or Specialist Worker  sponsorship to this. This can be done online for an additional fee and we can assist with the same.

Read more about this and other questions in our



Given the fast pace of change, we would stress that this information is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.

As a hub, we have included references to articles and explainers from third parties. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.