The Leeds office of leading law firm Ward Hadaway has been shortlisted for Commercial Property at this year's Yorkshire Legal Awards.
Waste sector activities involve a wide range of issues from logistics and land management through to engineering and HR and environmental compliance.
Our team has a long history of advising public and private sector organisations on the broad spectrum of legal issues affecting waste management activities.
Our experience includes advising authority and contractor clients involved in a number of large municipal waste projects, as well as providing legal support to waste operators regarding trading and regulatory matters.
We understand the requirements and complexity of the industry and are proud of our reputation for providing commercially focused legal expertise across a range of disciplines.
We have advised clients in relation to the procurement of significant residual waste projects, acquisition of sites, plant and equipment, human resource and commercial trading matters, as well as reactive regulatory compliance matters.
Our work in the sector has included the following:
- Advising a public authority in connection with the procurement of a 320,000 tonne per annum 25 year residual waste treatment project, including EfW and AD elements;
- Advising a waste operator in connection with the acquisition of UK operational landfill sites;
- Advising several developers in connection with the development of food waste AD facilities;
- Development of landfill gas to energy systems in respect of multiple landfill sites;
- Advising LAWDACs in connection with a range of regulatory and procurement matters, including environmental compliance and development of transfer stations;
- Provision of planning advice in relation to landfill, waste transfer and processing site activies;
- Providing commercial contract advice to operators regarding a range of trading matters, including waste treatment contracts, RDF export arrangements, equipment supply arrangements and logistics contracts;
- Site acquisition and disposal, including planning matters relating to the development of new WTS and landfill facilities;
- Advising developers in connection with the development of multiple Waste to Energy facilities incorporating advanced thermal treatment technologies including gasification and pyrolysis systems;
- Advising waste operators in relation to regulatory compliance issues on a proactive and reactive basis, and relating to environmental and health and safety matters.
For further details, please get in touch.