Claims management firms are eyeing up the social housing sector as a potential source of revenue. At a recent seminar, our social housing team warned the sector it needed to brace itself for a surge in housing disrepair claims
We advise funders, developers and landowners in connection with all aspects of wind generation projects.
Our lawyers have deep knowledge of the issues affecting the wind sector from yield analysis and site assembly, grid connection and consenting through to turbine supply, balance of plant issues and PPA and CfD arrangements.
Recent examples of our team’s experience include:
- Advising a project developer in connection with the development of a portfolio of three onshore RO schemes in England totalling 30MW. Advice includes property and construction advice, funding agreements, grid and power purchase arrangements on a project finance basis;
- Advising a project developer in connection with the acquisition of two consented Feed in Tariff projects in Scotland, including cross-border due diligence and acquisition and funding documentation;
- Advising a German turbine supplier in relation to UK supply arrangements with funders and developers, including the UK’s tallest wind turbines;
- Advising planning authorities in connection with multiple planning challenge matters arising out of wind farm development objections;
- Advising senior funders in connection with asset funding arrangements in respect of the acquisition of on-site wind generation facilities by industrial customers;
- Advising project developers in connection with assignment of grid connection arrangements to enable future project development pre-CfD;
- Advising landowner in respect of wind generation projects affecting redundant land holdings within national portfolio of 100+ sites;
- Advising developers in connection with bankable power sales arrangements with suitable PPA providers;
- Advice to project developers in connection with property and planning aspects of CfD scheme to extend existing operational wind farm, including land options and cable easement arrangements;
- Advising BOP contractors in relation to contentious construction matters arising out of several Scottish wind projects;
- Advising industrial client regarding PPA sleeving arrangements from on-site wind installation, including shared import/export connection infrastructure;
- Project finance structuring advice to several wind project developers, including negotiation of investment and loan note documents;
- Negotiation of aviation mitigation agreements between developers and various counterparties;
- Advising client on implications and process for obtaining CfD as part of a delayed RO wind scheme;
- Advice on numerous professional appointments and construction packages.
For further details please get in touch.