Ward Hadaway has successfully defended a judicial review claim in respect of planning permission for a multi-million pound garden village development in County Durham.
Whether looking at large scale generation or on-site biomass CHP systems, our energy team has been actively involved in all aspects of biomass projects, from site acquisition through to scheme funding and project construction.
We advise funders, landowners, industrial users, fuel providers, developers and equipment suppliers on all legal issues arising from biomass generation.
Our team advises on site acquisition and usage, planning and consenting matters, documentation relating to construction, installation, and operation of projects, as well as financing matters.
Our team advises clients involved in FiT and RHI schemes as well as larger projects utilising RO and CfD support mechanisms.
We provide our clients with comfort that they are receiving informed practical advice from a team of lawyers with expertise in the sector.
Examples of our team’s recent work in this area include:
- advising an industrial client in connection with a scheme to install a CHP biomass system at their main warehousing and production site;
- advising biomass feedstock providers in connection with various fuel supply agreements;
- advising small scale commercial biomass developers regarding projects to install and operate biomass CHP systems at industrial process businesses and dairies. Advice included preparation of bankable project finance documentation suite for each scheme at small scale;
- advice on disposal of redundant power generation plant in connection with proposed biomass scheme in Yorkshire;
- advising a local authority in connection with biomass district heating system, including procurement options, contract documentation and funding issues;
- advising a social housing provider in connection with issues arising from existing CHP biomass system and associated district heating infrastructure in residential housing complex;
- advice to power generation business regarding potential impact of biomass co-firing and fuel supply arrangements;
- advice to ports operators regarding issues arising out of construction of biomass handling facilities.
For further details, please get in touch.