Ward Hadaway’s energy group has unrivalled expertise in the region advising clients in relation to anaerobic digestion biogas projects.
Our team has advised funders, developers, operators, public authorities and agricultural landowners on all aspects of anaerobic digestion projects, including CHP, gas to grid, industrial scale, and farm scale schemes.
We advise clients looking at projects across the UK, and have worked with developers to take a significant number of schemes from concept design through to financial close, and thereafter into operational legal matters.
Our experience means that our team understands the specific issues and requirements of this sector in depth, giving clients the comfort that they will receive the best legal support throughout.
As well as providing strategic legal advice, we can access a wide network of funders, technical advisers and specialists who have experience of all aspects of anaerobic digestion (AD) projects.
Examples of our recent work include the following:
- advising a specialist waste sector funder regarding club debt facilities in respect of agricultural waste AD biogas plant in Wiltshire;
- advising plant operators and scheme managers in connection with feedstock contracts for waste AD facilities;
- advice to developers of industrial waste AD biogas CHP facilities in Durham. Advice including site acquisition, planning, project and contract structuring, project finance and construction advice;
- advising regional academic institution in connection with joint venture documentation for innovative AD biorefinery;
- advising developers of multiple agricultural waste AD facilities in Yorkshire, Cumbria and Scotland, including CHP and Gas to Grid schemes. Advice includes development and preparation of bespoke project finance documents to cater for smaller project sizes, and supporting schemes through to financial close;
- advising advanced AD technology development business, developing novel treatments for waste substrates, including multiple funding rounds with european equity investors;
- advice to AD plant operators in connection with preparation and negotiation of O&M arrangements, including sub-contract packages;
- advising equity funders in connection with EIS and VCT clearance arrangements in respect of investments into several AD biogas schemes;
- advice to industrial scale AD project developers in connection with debt and equity structuring, MSA and related project finance matters arising out of industrial food waste AD gas to grid scheme in Yorkshire;
- provision of planning challenge advice in connection with technical objections to development of AD schemes;
- advising large agricultural landowners in connection with proposed farm scale AD scheme, including property, planning and grid connection matters.
For further details, please get in touch.