Ward Hadaway has successfully defended a judicial review claim in respect of planning permission for a multi-million pound garden village development in County Durham.
Our oil and gas team is the largest based in the North, providing expert legal advice to businesses operating within the oil and gas supply chain.
Our lawyers are experienced in all aspects of fund raising, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and disposals, as well as a range of fabrication, leasing, development and supply structures.
We have expertise in standard industry LOGIC contracts as well as a range of standard engineering forms such as FIDIC, MF1, iChemE, and NEC3 contracts acting for funders, clients, employers and suppliers.
Our team has advised clients on a variety of commercial supply arrangements, funding and corporate transactions, and real estate matters. In addition to English law matters, we can advise on a variety of cross-border matters including joint ventures, restructuring and acquisition matters.
As well as commercial trading matters, we also provide reactive advice to clients on safety, health and environmental matters, HR issues and commercial disputes.
Our wide range of clients participate across the entire oil and gas well life cycle, and include offshore service providers, infrastructure and equipment fabricators, designers, product & technology suppliers, and subsea service providers.
We have experience within downstream processing, trading and distribution markets, and have significant expertise in raising finance for businesses operating in the sector.
Examples of our team’s experience in this field includes:
- advising a subsea services operator in connection with strategic joint venture operations with a swiss partner;
- providing legal support and project management to an offshore equipment supplier in connection with a tax restructure of its global activities across nine jurisdictions;
- advising numerous fabricators in connection with disputes arising out of projects to manufacture subsea infrastructure, cable deployment equipment, and accommodation vessels;
- advising a specialist offshore seals manufacturer in connection with growth capital funding and subsequent sale to a US multinational;
- advising a specialist offshore engineering component manufacturer in relation to acquisition of several competitors to develop market share;
- providing legal advice to offshore fabricators in connection with security requirements relating to secondary debt finance facilities in connection with working capital requirements arising out of major fabrication projects;
- advising an offshore equipment supplier in connection with additional development capital private equity fundraising;
- advising offshore service providers in connection with a range of LOGIC contracts to supply specialist services to other supply chain participants.
For further details, please get in touch.